Monday, August 25, 2008

Projects Accomplished


John was off work on Friday to lay sod. We spent all day Friday getting our grass in. I had planted our trees and shrubs on Thursday, so our yard was complete by Friday night. I must say, it looks WONDERFUL! I love having grass again. I can already see that my house will stay a lot cleaner with grass! I sat outside on Friday night and just watched the sprinklers water the new sod. What a beautiful sight! I don't know that I have appreciated what beauty lawn is before. I am so glad to have it again.


On Saturday, Chad A. and John got the basketball standard and the batting cage up and running. We decided to put in a batting cage so both Britlee and Bryson could have some fun and improve at the same time. Britlee's old coach helped a lot with the yard and the batting cage. I am SO excited about the cage. I think it will get a lot of use! So if any of you want to use it, give us a holler. It is open for all to use!






Then after a hard day's work, we spent some time getting our family pictures up on the walls. In my front room, we have one big wall that had nothing on it. I decided this was perfect to put our family photos on. I think it turned out really well. I just need to find something to go in the middle on each side to balance it out. Any ideas? I also need to find a saying to go on that wall. On the wall above our fireplace, we put two portraits of all of us holding hands and walking. The saying above it says: Family a journey to forever. I loved that! When I saw it at Roberts Craft, I knew I had to have it. Our other wall has a picture of each kid and then John and I. I love it when things start to come together at our house!!! I am so excited to keep beautifying.

3 comments:

Cammee said...

It all looks great. Love the yard and the pictures. There are days when I might want to bring Jonathon up and put him in the batting cage and turn on the pitching machine. Without giving him a bat. Do I need to schedule this or can I just come as needed?

Suzee said...

Come whenever you want. Pull a Billy Maddison!!! (I think that is the movie) I haven't seen a Adam Sandler movie in forever. It can go up to 90 mph! So I think he would get your point quickly!!!

Anonymous said...

Darling. One of my favorite sayings is: "Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things". I have that on my wall here. Darling house...