Tonight I made Shepherd's Pie. John and my kids ate it up and then asked for seconds, well, except for Brevan. Brevan is my pickiest eater BY FAR. He is quite hesitant to try anything new. My other kids, if you put enough ketchup on it, will try almost anything. But Brevan is another story all together. So tonight became a battle of wills. I was determined to make him eat at least half. He was determined that he was going to throw up. Each bite became a little more drastic. Each swallow became a little more forced, until he started to gag. Needless to say, he won. He finished all but two bites, but listening to him gag, made the rest of our dinners seem not quite as appetizing. Here are some pictures that I took while he was eating. As you can see, it started out pretty harmless.

He was not too excited to try it, but he was willing to give it a shot.

Then he started to plug his nose, to try and mask the taste.

He soon decided that it wasn't as funny as everyone else thought it was.
Then came the gaging. (Sorry for those who have a weak stomach)
I don't know that I will be making shepherd's pie any time soon!
2 comments:
well, thats how I felt about my mom's rice casserole, I wanted to barf every time I ate it. However, shepeards pie is yummy so Brevan is missin out man!! hahaha, well suzee, I hate sayin it, and please dont take this wrong, but its kinda good to see that atleast one of your kids does act up and throw fits at the kitchen table. Its good to know that we're not the only ones without a peaceful dinner. However, we're still stumped on how you get them to behave so well at church....all 6 of them!!! So not fair. So really, in those terms......your kids, yes even brevan, are all still perfect little angels in our eyes. We have yet to learn the tricks that you and jon pull to have such great kids! Poor Coy, he gets no credit. He's a good kid, but really, jon and you must know some serious magic! shhhh we promise we wont tell :)
Oh and about the bath tub... yeah, no wonder coy wont unlock his legs so I can sit him in the tub. Man, he screams with me, then dad walks in, I walk out, the crashes and noises get louder as I listen to the racus in the bathroom, and then I come back to water on the ground, soap all over and coy's hair sticking straight up like your kids'.....I know how you feel.
Post a Comment