Saturday, October 18, 2008

UEA!!!!

I wanted to do something fun for UEA. We had talked about going to Yellowstone, but John wasn't able to take time off work. Problem?!? Nope, the kids and I went up Thursday to Salt Lake. John joined up with us and we stayed over night at the University Marriott. Very nice hotel, by the way, very accommodating, and out of the way of the city! Anyway, the kids went swimming and played in the pool and hot tub for most of the night.

We got up early the next morning and went to the City Cemetery. Twelve out of the Fifteen Prophets are buried there. There was a sacredness just driving in. It was so neat to take my kids to see the resting places of these wonderful men. It gave me a chance to bear my testimony to my kids informally, and let them know of the love I had for Presidents Kimball, Benson, Hunter and Hinkley!

After we left the cemetery, we headed up to Ogden Canyon to the Dinosaur Museum. That was a lot of fun.....except when we walked out into the gardens, there were Halloween decorations all over. So, the dinosaurs had bloody hands and feet hanging from their mouths. Needless to say, it kind of freaked Brevan and Brennae out a little!


When we finished with the Dinosaur Museum, we went to the Clark Planetarium. We watched a movie in the Dome on "The Incredible Universe." My kids thought that was neat. We also went and walked on the moon and on Mars.


After the Planetarium, we picked John up from work. Brevan had seen trax running all day, and wanted to ride "the train". So, Brevan, Brielle, Bryson, Briggs and John all rode trax to 9400 S. where Britlee, Brennae and I met them and picked them up.

We went to the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy. That was awesome! There was a lot of cool things there. The kids were really impressed!!! We spent some time there
just watching an octopus move up and down the glass. That was a neat thing to see.

We went to eat at the Texas Roadhouse. It was good. Brennae and Brielle were really impressed with the dancing. Briggs was in heaven with the mashed potatoes. John loved the rolls and cinnamon butter!
After we ate, we went to Boondocks and drove on the slick track! That was a fun end to a great day. As the kids were going around the track, Brielle suddenly said to Britlee, "there's Mariah." and sure enough, Mariah was there with her family. They were miniature golfing. We came home exhausted, but we sure did have a fun and full day!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

Holy Cow that is a ton of fun! I have wanted to do so many of those activities, I cant wait to try them all out now! Cute picts of all your kids, what a fun fun weekend all together as a family. HOnestly, you and Jon are the kind of fun parents NIck and I hope to be! We always talk about going and doing fun things with our kids. I see how your family does it and it makes me excited to do it with my own family! I think some of thosse things would be fun for McCoy even now! We too have been wanting to go up to President Hinckley's burrial site and get a pict of coy there, after all, that is who he's named after...McCoy Bitner! Fun times!!Thanks for sharin!!

Emilie said...

What a fun weekend! I think you did just about everything you could do in between here and Ogden. Good job!