
Camp Registration..........................$395.00
Catching Gear..................................$200.00
Fuel to and from Kaysville...............$55.00
Meeting and playing against 4 Olympic Medalists.............PRICELESS
(left to right: Jenny Topping, Cat Osterman, Britlee, Crystl Bustos, Laura Berg)
Britlee spent this weekend learning from THE BEST! She attended the Rocky Mountain Softball Clinic. There she rubbed shoulders with Jenny Topping, Olympic Catcher, Cat Osterman,
Olympic Pitcher, Crystl Bustos, Olympic Power Hitter and Laura Berg, Olympic Outfielder. WOW what an opportunity!! She also spent time being coached and taught by coaches from BYU, U of U, SLCC, Weber, Utah State, and UVU! She was taught a lot of awesome techniques. I think Britlee's favorite moments were the time she spent (practically one on one) with Jenny Topping. JT taught her wonderful techniques to work on at home, taught her how to power up her throw down, and was just a wonderful mentor! Britlee also got to spend time working on her hitting with Crystl Bustos. Bustos corrected the things the girls were doing wrong. But, when she walked by Britlee and Alanna, she watched them both hit and gave them the thumbs up! She told Britlee that she had a power swing and that the ball she just hit would have been an ankle breaker! Britlee was ELATED to say the least. I would have to say that this was BY FAR the best clinic that we have ever attended. Britlee learned so much. She showed great improvement just this weekend alone. If she will continue to work on the things she has learned, I think she will be AMAZING! As we were standing watching Britlee, Vaughn Alvey, the BYU coach asked us where we were from. (Now right there I was so impressed) We told him Spanish Fork. He asked if she had a catching coach. I said "Nope, are you interested?" (Obviously I was kidding, but hey it never hurts to ask right?) But he handed me his card and told me to call him and that he would "hook us up". I could have fainted!!! I think Britlee was thrilled when I told her about it too. Britlee came home with a medal from the clinic, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, a autographed softball, a photo and enough memories to last a life time! She is thrilled but exhausted! I think she will sleep well tonight!
4 comments:
That is so awesome! I hope she gets a scholarship, then goes to the Olympics and invites us!
HOly shnikies that is awesome! Go Britlee! She is going to such a great ball player (already is) and im sure scholorships are on thier way! Great job!
Yeah Britlee!! I'm so glad you had such a great time. Definitely something you will always remember.
Hi! I found your site from Tip Junkie and was reading around some of your other posts. I live in North Utah county. This sounds like an amazing opportunity for your daughter! My sister plays softball as well, and actually just got a full ride to Snow to be their pitcher. She was trying to get one to BYU, but they wanted her to play at a 2 year college first, then transfer. Since Snow is a feeder school to BYU, and they offered her a full ride, she's there. Her team has gone to the Little League World Series Softball Tournament 3 times, and they came in 3rd or 4th in the World every time. I think if you're daughter really enjoys this, then go for it!
Post a Comment