
I am sure that one of the things John doesn't love about me is the fact that when I start to read, I can't put the book down. Even books that I don't really enjoy, if I start to read, I am hooked until the last page is finished. John rolls his eyes if he walks into the bedroom, and I am reading a book. He knows that he might as well put a sleeping mask on, because my lamp will stay on until I either physically can't read anymore, or until I finish. Sunday night I started "Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale. It was a really good book. I actually had never heard that fairy tale before, so the book was really fresh to me. Cammee recommended this book. She said it was her absolute favorite, and I can see why. Shannon Hale is an excellent writer. So, if anyone is looking for a good, clean book (which are harder and harder to find) to read, I have it here at my house. Now what I need are recommendations.....What is a good book to start?
2 comments:
My favorite book of all time is Shannon Hale's "Austenland". I bet I have read it 30 times. I made myself an edited copy, so that I am free to read it over and over again.
I just love the way Hale says things. She is such a clever writer.
I haven't tried her tween and teen books, you have intrigued me!
Love it, love it, love it!! I'm so glad you FINALLY took me up on this! She is an amazing writer. I have Enna Burning if you are interested. Not as good as Goose Girl, but still good. Have you read Princess Academy? I have it too.
Post a Comment