There is something comforting about being here in my own home. There is a peace knowing where my children are at and that at a moment's notice, they could reach me. Even though when our lives are crazy and I am running 100 miles an hour to keep up and to get everyone where they need to be, I still feel a sense of pride, knowing that I am the one that these kids all depend upon. Okay, so where is this all going? Well, today I am leaving town for our annual St. George trip with my mom and my sisters and some of the offspring. It so saddens me that I am leaving my responsibilities. One comfort though came from my cousin Valerie's blog when she left to go on a short vacation. She felt a lot of the same feelings! I think it takes an act of Congress to get a mom away for a break. Scheduling the kids to get everywhere they need to and making sure someone is picking them up and taking them where they need to be is quite an act!
We are supposed to be gone all weekend. But for some reason I keep thinking that I need to come home early. It is Stake Conference this weekend. We have always called this Stake Vacation at our house. It has always been a day off of church. I really feel the need to go to Stake Conference. Why? I don't know. So, I might just end up renting a car in St. George and coming home a day early. Isn't this all funny? Sometimes I just need to listen to my feelings and quit questioning! Well, we will have fun anyway. Better go and pack!!
1 comment:
Sheesh, even though I understand your feelings a bit, I hate to think of you missing the fun with the girls. What a rock and a hard place.
I am so proud of you for being so conscientious and grounded, though. I admire your commitment to your kids and John.
Post a Comment