Each year, for teacher appreciation week, our PTA decorates the classroom doors. This year I decorated three. I did Mr. Roberts, Miss Windley and Mrs. George, the music teacher. I don't know if you can read the doors very well, but Mr. Roberts' says: For being there when you are 'kneaded', for 'rising' to the occasion, and for never 'loafing' on the job, no matter how you 'slice' it, You're the best. Then each kid's name is written on a piece of bread. For a thank you gift, I gave him a "favorites basket" from Great Harvest Bread Co. Miss Windley's says: Here's the scoop...being in Miss Windley's class is a real treat! Then I wrote all the kids names on the ice cream cones. For her thank you gift, I gave her a basket filled with a bowl, an ice cream scoop, all kinds of toppings, and a gift card to Cold Stone. Lastly, Mrs. George's says: Mrs. George, Thanks for being a noteworthy teacher. You are music to our ears! Then I glued a bunch of music notes on it. Lots of work, but hopefully the teachers will know how very much they are appreciated!


4 comments:
Very cute! You are wonderfully creative.
I noticed that you left a comment on tip junkie so I hopped over to your site to check out your door ideas. Do you mine if I feature them on my blog? I am trying to post some teacher appreciation ideas. Thanks
Your doors are great! Very creative and a lot of work. I am sure that the teachers will appreciate them. I love how you coordinated the gift baskets. Thanks for sharing.
Love your work!
I work in a Christian school in Honduras and would love and appreciate door decoration ideas for Thanksgiving.
Thanks SO much!
Vivian
amavivi@yahoo.com
Post a Comment