Yesterday was a hectic, yet very fun day. I think I found true joy. At 11:00 Amera dropped Coy off, while they went to have an ultrasound. It was fun to listen to Brennae and Coy interact. Coy, however, does not like our dog. So Snickers had to spend the afternoon in the washroom. Anyway, at noon, Caselyn and McCoy came over, while Lindsay worked. This was too fun. I sat and listened while these five kids interacted with each other. Brevan looked at me and commented: "We have two Coys....one with hair and one with none." I laughed. Their simplicity in life and in conversation was beautiful. At one point, Nae commented "You yell a much" to someone. I really had to laugh. Then at about 1:30, just after Coy left, Andie got an ambulance call, and I went and picked up Boston.
When I arrived home with Boston, we walked into the bedroom where Caselyn, McCoy, Brevan and Nae were playing kitchen. I had Boston in my arms. Brevan lit up when he saw Boston and said: "It's my favorite cousin!" Then, in the same breath, he looked at McCoy, patted his back and said: "One of my favorite cousins, sorry Coy." It was hilarious! McCoy and Boston picked up anything on my floor. They are tiny vacuums. I had to keep an eye on both of them. I think I laughed more yesterday, and smiled more, than I had in a long time. It just really hit me how easy it was for them to get along, play simply, be friends and love. Not that I want to do that everyday, mind you, but it sure was fun to have these sweet kids in our house.
2 comments:
Thank you so so much for taking them! You are truly a lifesaver! I'm glad that all the kids have fun together(once caselyn warms up to everyone) Sorry to here about your struggles, you are so strong though and if anyone can make it, it's you. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! LOVE YOU!!! -Linds
Yeah for Coy's!! hahah. Coy loves your house.....but like I said, everyone but snickers! Its OK, he'll get used to it. You guys are so great to always be willing to watch them. don't offer too much, cause there are PLENTY of date nights we can think of!! Jk! You guys are great and you are such a great auntie to all those cute nieces and nephews you have!
Post a Comment