Okay, there isn't a way to put in here a picture of everyone that I want to, so I will leave the photo out of this one. Today, Andie and I had a talk about being sisters. We had a talk about bearing each others burdens, which as sister's we do so well. It is so reassuring to know that I have sisters. It is comforting to know that when I hurt, so do my sisters. That I have someone who can look at my life, see me, flaws and all, and still love me. But the great thing is that I have more than just two earthly sisters. I have a wonderful mom and a wonderful mother-in-law. I have awesome sisters and sister-in-laws. I have wonderful nieces. I have fabulous friends. I even have a sister, a niece and grandmothers beyond the veil whose strength I feel. I have a support system a mile wide in family and friends. I appreciate those who have picked me up during the last few days and helped me carry on. To my mom, Linda: I can't tell you how much I love you. I can't express what a strength you are to me. I appreciate your comment of "well how do you think it feels to be the Grandma and to hurt because your daughter and her daughter hurt?" It put a lot in perspective. Thank you, too, for raising such wonderful daughters that I get to call my sisters. To Andie and Teresa, thanks for letting me cry on your shoulders. Thanks for loving me and my family. Thanks for sharing everything!! Thanks for being wonderful examples. To my other mom, Marilyn: Thanks for being such a strength. Thanks for tending, for giving me an escape, and for your good heart. Thank you for loving me as if I was your own. To Abbie, Kelsie, Mandie, Kellee, Calee, and Lindsey: Thanks for letting me glimpse into your lives and see the wonderful women you are. Thanks for being a strength to me and to our family. Thanks for care and concern. Thanks for smiles and giggles aplenty! To Cammee, Kathleen, Melanie, Lisa, Bristy and Arlean: Thank you for walking into dark places with me and then helping me see better the light. Thanks for comments like "You know that Britlee is part mine, right?" "You know that I love that little thief, too?" "You do know that everything will be just fine." "You know that I will do anything I can." The strength in all of these women is remarkable. To Susie, Camiel and Jayme: Although I haven't talked to you about this, I always feel your quiet strength. I also share that deep bond of sisterhood with all of you and I appreciate just knowing that I can depend on you all for anything. Valerie: I have enjoyed your strength in your everyday life that I get to sneak a peak at. You are amazing!
I am so grateful to call you all my sisters. I am so grateful to have so many, many people who are there to offer advice, to hurt along side of me, to rejoice in my accomplishments, to cry right along with you when life doesn't seem to be fair. I know that one of my many faults is my eloquence, so I probably haven't even written this in a way that portrays my heart. But please know that I love and appreciate all of the sisters in my life. You are all wonderful! There is such a beauty in being a woman. I know that each of you extraordinary women are just what I need in my life.
P.S. If I left anyone out, please realize where my brain is right now. It isn't functioning at a full capacity, and if you are reading this, know that you are loved and appreciated too!
2 comments:
Beautiful...I'm crying yet again!
This glimpse at your wonderful world is such a blessing to me! It is so sweet to get to know you differently.
As you wrote I pictured your mom, your sisters and nieces. All that you said was true. You girls are such a good example of love and sharing. It's an honor to be connected to you all--sister cousins! :)
Love to you--
Post a Comment